Tuesday, July 6, 2010

12 Month Check-Up

It's been over a month since my last post and so much has happened in a month. First off was Karter's well baby. Dr. Prough couldn't believe how much he had changed since the last time we saw her. (9 month checkup) I had been dreading this visit for awhile. I knew he was getting three immunizations and blood drawn. It was rough and I felt terrible for him. He had a hard time for the next few days after that. During the visit with the Dr. we talked about his eating, walking, playing and sleeping. Pretty much everything he does during the day. She said he looked perfect and was right on track. Here are his stats for one year.
Weight: 24 lbs. 7 oz. -90%
Height: 2 ft. 7.5 inches-97%
Head: 19 inches-95%
He is still a tall boy but slowing down on his weight gain. Which is fine since he is now walking. Also since he has started walking he has slimmed way down. He's not near as chubby as he once was. It's so sad.
For Karter's birthday Brandon and I wanted to get him a swing. He LOVES swinging so totally appropriate. We also wanted to have a kiddie pool set up for his party so we bought one and set it up early so he could get used to it. It took a few times and me getting in with him to really get into the whole "swimming" thing.

Karter swinging in his birthday swing for the first time.
Playing in his baby pool


Drinking the water

One morning I went in to get Karter from his bed (with camera in hand, which I never do) and this is what I walked in on. Him with no pants on and with one sock off. We did not put him to bed this way.

Showing off his blocks.







No comments: