Thursday, July 8, 2010

Karter turns ONE!

June 5, 2010 Karter has been here an entire year. I CAN'T believe it. This was the fastest year ever.
I had been planning Karter's 1st birthday for a few months. I decided on doing the theme of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" Karter loves this book. I handmade 25 invitations in March and sent them out early May. Basically I handmade everything but his birthday shirt. I bought that on my favorite website Etsy. I think every part of his birthday turned out perfect except two things. The butter cream icing and not getting any of it on video. The butter cream melted on every cupcake. It was the very first day of the year to be over 100 degrees. So my icing did not want to cooperate with me. After making over 50 cupcakes and icing all of them I didn't care what they looked like. As long as they tasted good.
I had every intention of recording Karter's big day. I had the camera out and charging. It was all ready I just didn't have anyone grab it and record. Can't do much about it now.
We had about 40 people over to celebrate with us. I originally wanted a small party. Nothing huge and over the top. But once you invite one person you have to invite another and another. SO I decided this would be the year we invite anyone who took our long journey to parenthood and who had enjoyed his first year of life with us. Next year we will do a much smaller party for him. All in all I think he had a great day and everything came together perfectly. I did not cry only because there was so much going on but at the end of the day when all the guests had left and Karter had gone to bed, I sat in my living room (mess and all) and thought about how blessed we have been over the last year. Karter amazes me every.single.day and I love him so very much.
Birthday invitations and Party Hat
Party Hat














































3 comments:

Kyla said...

I'm just now seeing these birthday pictures. Sooo cute!! What a great idea! I'm in the process of planning Micah's party. The theme is going to be ladybugs. :) I'm so glad we got to see y'all at the end of July!! Hope to see you again soon.

Daniel and Sena said...

I think that is the cutesy party I've ever seen! Great job!

bandshayes said...

Thanks you guys. You both are so sweet. I had SO much fun planning his party. Kyla ladybugs will be alot of fun for Michah's first birthday. I'm glad we got to see you and your precious family also. Hope to see you both soon.