Thursday, May 12, 2011

Puerto Rico

In March I got to go on a 4 day trip to Puerto Rico with my friends Rachel Soper and Cindy Sandoval. Rachel turned 30 in February so since she sent her husband and his friends(including Brandon) on a ski trip for his 30th he returned the favor by sending her on a trip. We had an amazing time. We basically did Nothing while we were there. My kind of vacation. We did go site seeing and shopping but mainly we were there to sit on the beach. The beach was right outside our hotel after all. We toured El Morro and walked through downtown Puerto Rico, which I must say is beautiful. The Cathedral was breath taking. We happened to be there on Ash Wednesday and when the Priest sang his voice rang out through the streets. Gorgeous! While we were downtown we stopped at a pizzeria/bakery/bar and had the biggest pizza I have ever seen. Our waiter was something else. Only a story that my girlfriends and our husbands will ever know. =) Every.Single.Night we were there we ate Gellato and I'll tell you that when I got home my scale did not thank me for that. This trip is a memory that I will cherish forever. I had such a great time and I'm sad Rachel doesn't turn 30 every year.
Oh and I have you know this was the first time I had left Karter for more than a few hours. I didn't even cry until we were at the Denver airport on our way home. Brandon told me that they went to Gymboree and Karter loved parachute time and that he told the story that entire night. I was sad I had missed that. The Ocean right outside our hotel

The Beach

This picture does not show how incredibly sunburned I got on our first day there. I was so burned I had purple polka dots on my legs

Our hotel

Hotel Courtyard




El Morro

Rachel and Cindy in the lookout at the fort








The Cathedral

Downtown




A toast to Kyle on our last night in PR

My disgusting swollen sunburned cankles

No comments: