Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Accidents happen is what I hear.

Well alot has happened in the first three weeks of Little Karters life. As most of you know on Friday June 12th Karter broke his little arm. Friday afternoon we were nursing and Karters arm was in a bad position on the boppy pillow. When he cried out I quickly picked him up and comforted him. We watched his arm the rest of the evening and noticed he wasn't moving it. Saturday morning we got up and took him to the emergancy room. They did x-rays only to confirm it was indeed broken. The next Monday morning I called his doctor to get a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. They did their x-rays and told us it was a "good" break and would heal on it's own in a few weeks. He put a new soft cast on it and sent us on our way. On Friday June 19th we went back to his doctor where she told us she spoke to the orthopedic doc. she says they are sure it happened during delivery. He did have a very hard delivery. I told her that was nice but I still felt like it was my fault.
We are getting better. I don't cry every time I look at him now. We are getting used to dressing, bathing and feeding him with it on. We go back to the dr. on July 1st to get the cast off. This will be the best birthday gift I will ever get.


In other news...Grandad and Meme came to Oklahoma to visit their newest great grandbaby. Brandon pointed out that we were number 11 great grandbaby but the first to carry on the Hayes name. We thought that was kinda cool. Karter and I talked about them coming to visit for a week. He was pretty excited to see them when they got here. I'd say they were pretty excited to see him too. Brandon and I love Grandad and Meme so much. They mean the world to us.


Will try to post more often. It's kinda difficult to get on the computer for more than a second at a time with a new baby.

2 comments:

onawa said...

Baby Karter in a cast..... ADORABLE!!! But he's adorable no matter what! Great to hear he's doing well and now cast is OFF!!!! Yay! Love yas and hope to get up to see you all again SOOOON!!!!

Kyla said...

So glad to see new pictures of Karter! He is so cute!! Oh Shanna, I'm so sorry that happened to Karter but even more sorry that happened to you! You poor thing. He looks like he isn't bothered by it a bit though!