Saturday, August 21, 2010

Going to Houston

The last week of July we took Karter down to Houston to see Aunt Bridgey. We packed up our little rent car and took off. I was worried about how Karter would do on this trip. This was his first LONG trip after all. He did really well. I took everything you could imagine. Books, cars, dvd's, cd's and lots of food. Karter took 2 really short naps on the way down there. About 45 minutes both times. It's better than nothing I suppose. His last nap was right as we were getting into Houston so it was cut short due to us arriving at Bridgey's house. Bridget was such a gracious host. She made us dinner ( and an oh so yummy birthday cake ) that night so we wouldn't have to get back in the car after our long trip. After supper we went to a near by outlet mall. We did a little shopping then went home to get some sleep. The next morning after a delicious breakfast we went to the Houston Zoo. Oh my goodness it was SO hot. I hate Houston's weather. No Fun At All! But the zoo was lots of fun and Karter had a great time seeing all kinds of animals. He's really into animals these days. After the zoo we went to an amazing restaurant called Pappadeaux's. Oh.My.Word. The best seafood. After supper we went home, had showers, put K down to sleep and watched a movie. The next day, our last full day there, we went to the Kemah boardwalk where we rode a carousal and Ferris wheel. I had been wanting to take Karter on a carousel for a while. He like it a lot. And when it was over he was trying to rock the zebra to make it go again. Too Cute. He didn't know what to think about the Ferris wheel. He held onto the sides until it was stopped. After the boardwalk we went to Galveston to see the ocean and put Karters feet in the sand. As I suspected he hated the sand. He won't even walk in the grass. Every time we'd put his feet down he'd cry to be picked back up or put on the blanket. He got used to the water and didn't mind it when we would go deeper. That afternoon we went to see Kyla's family who lives in Galveston. We visited with them for about an hour before we headed back home. We had a lot of fun in Houston and plan to make it an annual family trip. We miss Aunt Bridgey and wished she lived closer so we could see her more often. Karters first sucker. He knew just what to do.

That was all of the show?






This cracked us up. He thought daddy was going to put him down with the goats so he wrapped his arm around Brandon's neck.


I'll push Aunt Bridgey


He couldn't get enough water. It was HOT!




Kemah Boardwalk



My first Carousal ride



Daddy what are we doing?


Aunt Bridgey why are we stopped?



Kemah Boardwalk



Love Karter's smile. Aunt Bridgey is fun


oooooooo......

We made it to the beach. Finally


I don't know about this guys.

Aunt Bridgey help me.


I don't like all this sand.


My new toy Bridgey bought me.

Way too cute.

No comments: